Surrounded by friends and family, Michele Forsten passed away October 22, 2013 following a short illness. Her spouse Barbara Schroder may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michele wrote personal essays and plays. In her day job, she was a public relations (PR) director for a college. She was also a cancer support group facilitator and an advocate for lesbians living with cancer.
- 2012 Inductee, City College of New York (CCNY) Communications Hall of Fame. Read More »
- Her essay, “Improv at the Altar,” was published in A Cup of Comfort for Couples, the only essay by a glbt writer out of 48 included in the book. Read More »
- Author of Barbara Stonecipher: Drawings and Paintings. Read More »
- Profiled in Lives Inspired: Portraits of Breast Cancer Survivors. Read More»
- New York Daily News: Read Michele’s guest column on same-sex marriage. Read More »
- LOGO TV: See Michele talk about breast cancer screening on a nationwide cable news program. Watch Now»
- All Things Considered: Listen to Michele on WNYC-FM talking about the lesbian cancer group she co-facilitated. Listen Now »
- Proud winner of the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association’s Sarah Pettit Memorial Award for Excellence in LGBT Media. Read More»